10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Hosted by Stick People.
Take a cruise through Colchester county where you can enjoy a poker run while collecting 25 new caches. It is a beautiful drive through Wentworth valley to Tatamagouche with lots of existing caches but all of the new caches found on Friday, Aug 4th can be claimed as first to finds. Fun for the everyone.
To add to the fun 10 of the caches are ammo cans loaded with swag and bingo chips. Collect 5 bingo chips labelled with different letters and you can enter the poker run for prizes at the Mega on Aug 5th.
The other 15 caches are all park and grabs along the route with the one of them being a 3 stage multi that takes you from the Masstown Market to the Tatamagouche Brewery to locate the coordinates for the final stage just outside of Tatamagouche.
Register at the Masstown Market between 10am and 12noon to get the location of the 25 caches and the rules for the poker run. While at the Masstown Market don’t forget to get the Northing for the multi. While there you can have a brew, a donut or maybe a sandwich for the road.
When you leave Masstown follow Highway 4 through the Wentworth Valley to the New Annan road that crosses to Tatamagouche .
In Tatamagouche stop at the Tatamagouche Brewing Company to collect the Westing and check out the brewery.
There are lots of other caches along this route so feel free to search public routes with the keywords ‘Masstown’ and/or ‘Tatamagouche’ to help locate them.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Masstown Market to enter Poker run and get Northing for Multi
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Tatamagouche Brewing Company to get Westing for Multi
Maritime Mega IV – Poker Run!
This activity runs in parallel with the MM4 Brew Time tour hosted by the Stick People. While travelling from Masstown, to Tatamagouche and back to Truro, be on the lookout for special caches containing poker chips.
- Because we call this a “run”, it is not a race! Take your time and enjoy the area.
- The poker run is limited to paid registrants of the mega only.
- Cachers pick up the rules at the Masstown Market, between 10am and 12pm, on August 4th, 2017.
- Cachers collect poker chips from special caches on the Brew Time tour. Collect only one chip per cacher per geocache, to a maximum of 5 chips. When all the chips are gone from the caches, they will not be “topped up”. There are 1000 chips at play.
- Hold onto your chips until the mega, on August 5th.
- Look for the poker run booth at the mega. The booth is open from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- At the booth, cachers receive their blank score sheet and trade in their chips for playing cards. The five cards, along with the standard “community card” (on display at the event), form the cacher’s “hand”.
- In the event that players draw a duplicate card, they will replace one of the duplicates with a new draw. In the event that a player draws a card identical to the community card, the card drawn will be replaced with a new draw.
- The winning hand is based on standard poker rules; understanding that there are multiple decks (~24) of cards at play.
- A MM4 representative will maintain a score sheet. That score sheet is the official record. Any disputes will be resolved at the full discretion of the MM4 representative.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a random draw for the winner.
- Winner must be present to claim their prize.